I hope this page will be a valuable tool for parents and students as you begin making post-secondary plans. Please visit this college page regularly for updates. If you have specific questions please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Gray.
A few upcoming things to keep in mind as we start off the 2020-21 school year:
I will be visiting the Seniors soon to discuss what they should be doing to prepare for college, workforce, military, or success after high school.
- Many colleges and universities are already accepting applications for enrollment for fall of 2021. Check the website of any college/university for which you are considering for enrollment deadlines. Texas A & M University has already opened the application for fall 2020 enrollment.
- If you are a Senior you should plan to take an ACT or SAT as early as possible if you have not taken one yet. You should also retest to raise your scores on either test. High scores on either test can earn college scholarships. Brownsboro High School will pay for 2 college entrance test. If you are on free or reduced lunch you may qualify for additional test. See Mrs. Bennett in C104 or email her at email@example.com for details and to sign up.
- Apply to at least 3 colleges if you are still undecided about where to go. Most colleges in Texas use the apply texas application at www.applytexas.org. You can apply to multiple colleges on this one site. See Mrs. Gray if you need help applying.
- UT Tyler will host The Patriot Initiative where they will offer a variety of topics virtually. The first of these virtual events will be on September 22 from 5:30-7:00 pm. This will cover admissions, financial aid, and housing. Register for the event by going to https://www.uttyler.edu/admissions/visit/?r=/visit/You can select The Patriot initiative: First Generation Workshop series. IF you complete the UT Tyler application by midnight of Sept. 23 you will be eligible to have the $60 application fee waived.
- TSI testing dates will be announced and posted on the school monitors. Stop by and see Mrs. Bennett to sign up. BHS is a testing center for this required college admission test.
A. Click on the link: www.remind.com/join Remind 101 for Seniors - Once you click on the link enter the code
Sign up for important updates from Mrs. Gray.
Get information for Brownsboro High School right on your phone—not on handouts.
Pick a way to receive messages for BHS Seniors 2021:
A. If you have a smartphone, get push notifications.
On your iPhone or Android phone, open your web browser and go to
the following link:
Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You’ll be prompted to download the mobile app.
Join BHS Seniors 2021
B. If you have a smartphone, get push notifications. On your iPhone or Android phone, open your web browser and go to the following link:
Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You'll be prompted to download the mobile app.
C. If you don't have a smartphone, get text notifications. Text the message @bhssrs2021 to the number 81010. If you are having trouble with 81010, try texting @bhssrs2021 to (903) 567-8001.
D. If you don't have a mobile phone, go to rmd.at/bhssrs2021 on a desktop computer to sign up for email notifications.
Read the Senior College checklist below for tips on preparing for college.