I hope this page will be a valuable tool for parents and students as you begin making post-secondary plans. Please visit this college page regularly for updates. If you have specific questions please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Gray.
A few upcoming things to keep in mind as we start off the 2018-19 school year:
I will be visiting the Seniors soon to discuss what they should be doing to prepare for college, workforce, military, or success after high school.
- Many colleges and universities are already accepting applications for enrollment for fall of 2019. Check the website of any college/university for which you are considering for enrollment deadlines. Texas A & M University opened their application on July 1, 2018 for fall 2019 enrollment.
- If you are a Senior you should plan to take an ACT or SAT as early as possible if you have not taken one yet. You should also retest to raise your scores on either test. High scores on either test can earn college scholarships. Brownsboro High School will pay for 2 college entrance test. If you are on free or reduced lunch you may qualify for additional test. See Dr. Wright for details and to sign up.
- Apply to at least 3 colleges if you are still undecided about where to go. See Mrs. Gray for help in applying. We will host an application drive with help from UT Tyler. Listen for more details about this. If you need help in applying to any college they can help you. If you apply to UT Tyler they will waive your $40 application fee.
- BHS will host a college fair in the gym on November 13.
- TSI testing dates will be announced and posted on the school monitors. Stop by and see Dr. Wright to sign up. BHS is a testing center for this required college admission test.
A. Click on the link: www.remind.com/join Remind 101 for Seniors - Once you click on the link enter the code
4ddkbe to join.
B. If you have a smartphone, get push notifications. On your iPhone or Android phone, open your web browser and go to the following link:
Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You'll be prompted to download the mobile app.
C. If you don't have a smartphone, get text notifications. Text the message @4ddkbe to the number 81010. If you are having trouble with 81010, try texting @4ddkbe to (903) 567-8001.
D. If you don't have a mobile phone, go to rmd.at/4ddkbe on a desktop computer to sign up for email notifications.
Read the Senior College checklist below for tips on preparing for college.