Counselors/College & Career Readiness
A few upcoming things to keep in mind as we start off the 2023-24 school year:
We will be visiting the Seniors soon to discuss what they should be doing to prepare for college, workforce, military, or success after high school. We have a college fair every fall, usually in the month of October.
- Many colleges and universities are already accepting applications for enrollment for fall of 2024. Check the website of any college/university for which you are considering for enrollment deadlines.
- If you are a Senior you should plan to take an ACT or SAT as early as possible if you have not taken one yet. You should also retest to raise your scores on either test. High scores on either test can earn college scholarships. Brownsboro High School will pay for 2 college entrance tests. If you are on free or reduced lunch, you may qualify for additional tests. See Ms. Roark in C104 or email her at email@example.com for details and to sign up.
- Apply to at least 3 colleges if you are still undecided about where to go. Most colleges in Texas use the apply texas application at www.applytexas.org. You can apply to multiple colleges on this one site. See your Counselor if you need help applying.
- UT Tyler has provided BHS with a College Readiness Coach who is on campus every Wednesday from 9:00-2:00. See your counselor to schedule a time.
- TSI testing dates will be announced and posted on the school monitors. Stop by and see Ms. Roark to sign up. BHS is a testing center for this required college admission test.
- If you need help with career planning, see Mrs. Choate in E102
- For free ACT/SAT prep check out Khanacademy.org
Download the Senior College checklist below for tips on preparing for college!