I hope this page will be a valuable tool for parents and students as you begin making post-secondary plans. Please visit this college page regularly for updates. If you have specific questions please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Gray.
A few upcoming things to keep in mind as we start off the 2017-18 school year:
If you need help completing the FAFSA, Smith County will hold a "Money for College Monday", on October 23 4:00 - 6:30 pm at the following locations: The Brook Hill School, Arp High School, Lindale High School, Tyler ISD Career and Technology Center.
- Many colleges and universities are already accepting applications for enrollment for fall of 2018. Check the website of any college/university for which you are considering for enrollment deadlines. Texas A & M University opened their application on July 1, 2017 for fall 2018 enrollment.
- If you are a Senior you should plan to take an ACT or SAT as early as possible if you have not taken one yet. You should also retest to raise your scores on either test. High scores on either test can earn college scholarships. Brownsboro High School will pay for 2 college entrance test. If you are on free or reduced lunch you may qualify for additional test. See Dr. Wright for details and to sign up.
- Apply to at least 3 colleges if you are still undecided about where to go. See Mrs. Gray for help in applying. UT Tyler will host a College Application Drive here at BHS on Friday, October 20. You may sign up for a class period to attend the lab and apply for UT Tyler or any other college. If you apply this day your application fee of $40 will be waived.
- TSI testing dates will be announced and posted on the school monitors. Stop by and see Dr. Wright to sign up. BHS is a testing center for this required college test.
- If you need help with career planning, see Mrs. Fuller in C102. Some important links to check out for career planning: www.realitycheck.com, www.texascareercheck.com
- For free ACT/SAT prep check out Khanacademy.org
A. Click on the link: www.remind.com/join Remind 101 for Seniors - Once you click on the link enter the code
fabdfe to join.
B. If you have a smartphone, get push notifications. On your iPhone or Android phone, open your web browser and go to the following link:
rmd.at/fabdfe Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You'll be prompted to download the mobile app.
C. If you don't have a smartphone, get text notifications. Text the message @fabdfe to the number 81010. If you are having trouble with 81010, try texting @fabdfe to (903) 567-8001.
D. If you don't have a mobile phone, go to rmd.at/fabdfe on a desktop computer to sign up for email notifications.